Saturday, May 3, 2008

mITunes ;-p

It’s chilly.
It’s rainy. [We all love Eastern Poland]
It’s “long weekend”.
It turns out I am not that incapable of playing The Game Poles Play When The Long Weekend Strikes as I used to think, hehe.

Name of The Game: ‘Leżenie do góry kołami’ aka ‘Pierdolę, nie robię!’ In free translation: ‘Fuck! Fuck Them All!’
Instructions: Do everything but what you should or have to do. Also, you may do nothing at all ;-)
Warning: Make sure there are no deadlines breathing down the back of your neck…

According to the rules of our Game I guess there's no purpose to my posting except I feel like I haven't for maybe a billion years. But this probably isn't true. More, it’s even pleasant ^_^
What I have been doing? I’ve been keeping my ears busy :-)

Base lines and expressions:

1. Maxwell: “Embrya” (1998)

They call it Neo Soul (also known as nu soul). I’m waiting for the time when every single musician’s gonna play their own subgenre… Whatever. It tastes like R&B and soul salad with some smooth jazz flavor. And it tastes good I must say. Something like Erykah Badu (‘World Wide Underground’ just needs to be recommended here ).
So… I like the rhythm. I like the beat. I like the tone of his voice. It wasn’t like love from the first listening since the tracks are quite longish but there is a good perspective for a longer relationship. Waiting to get two more albums though.


Voice: B+
Beat: B
Cover: A
Overall Grade: B+

[thanks to ‘Frenchman’ for recommendation :) ]


2. Anthony And The Johnsons: “I am bird now” (2005)


EEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeee o_O
No, thank you.
Actually, I may imagine it’s all undercover music calculated to kill me. I am just not quite sure yet whether to be happy it isn’t or wish it is ;-p

Voice: C
Beat: C+
Cover: D
Overall Grade: C


3. Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss, Gillian Welch: ‘Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby’ (“Brother Where Art You” Music From The Motion Picture)

I have no foggiest idea where did that come from :D Just…

Overall Grade: B+


4. Jason Mraz: “Sold Out (In Stereo)” (2002)

Emmm… same old songs. Same old Mr. A-Z. Same old good music. And recording just sucks. That’s why I give:

Voice: A
Cover: A
Sound: B
Overall Grade: B+






5. Jason Mraz: “We Sing” (2008)

1/3 of “We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things” album. EP. So, so, so intimate! Mmmmmm… Melting… Me… Melting. I think I am gonna like this new release :-) I can feel it in my ears ^_^
And will hunt it down relentlessly ;-)

Voice: A
Sound: B+ (there are some chords missing sometimes )
Cover: A
Overall Grade: A


No comments: